Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the batteries in my Mercedes key?

How do I change the batteries in my key for my 1998 Mercedes c280? How do you know when it's time to replace them? My car is acting strange, the doors are locking on their own, I just got locked out!!How do I change the batteries in my Mercedes key?if it's the laser cut key i'm thinking of, i'm pretty sure you just slide the key itself out of the remote by pressing the black button over on the back of the key, then slide the little compartment looking thing where you took the key out of, and there should be the casing that holds the 2 batteries in. hope it helps! if theres some way you could just show me what the key looks like if i'm wrong, i might be able to help you further.How do I change the batteries in my Mercedes key?You change the batteries when you cannot open the doors remotely until you are very close to the car.



How to change the battery depends on which style of electronic key you have. Assuming you have the original key from '98, first pull out the metal key from the side. When that is out, at the base of the key (the wider key) on the side that the physical key sits in, you will see a light coloured plastic tab within the key groove. Using the metal key, press that tap in and while holding it in, use your finger nail to separate the base/wide end from the rest of the key. The battery holder will pop out. You will need two CR2025 calculator batteries. They are pretty common and sold at most places that sell batteries.
  • drawing a circle
  • make a comforter how do i do it
  •