Friday, September 23, 2011

Anyone know how to unlock a factory car stereo?

I have a 1998 VW jetta with a factory tape deck and i went to change the battery after it died. When I got back in and tried to put on my awesome tape deck it would work and it said %26quot;SAFE%26quot; on the display. I was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock it so I can roll around bumping my Sir-Mix-A-Lot tape again.Anyone know how to unlock a factory car stereo?I bought an acura, Private sale, and had the same problem.I called the Acura dealer with the VIN and presto I got the code from them within seconds .Anyone know how to unlock a factory car stereo?Your dealer should be able to get the code (if necessary from the previous owner) or the manufacturer will have it or be able to help you reset it. If the previous owner doesn't know, it's most likely the default code which is usuually something like 0000, but don't take chances if it seems like it will lock you out further. :-)Anyone know how to unlock a factory car stereo?there is a code you have to enter, you might find it in your glove box among your owners manual stuff, or you could call the dealer where you bought the car from...